Useful information about Microsoft Teams
Video tutorials, which explain the various functionalities of Microsoft Teams.
=> Link to the Microsoft videos.
With the interactive team demo, you can try out the functions of Teams
=> Link to the interactive demo-site.
Most important functions in Teams
Here you will find information regarding the key functionalities in Microsoft Teams, which is an important part of Microsoft 365::
To create a team, start the Provisioning app.
Via the Teams desktop app
You can use the Microsoft Teams app on the desktop / laptop. For managed clients, order the installation from your support manager. You can download non-managed clients here.
Via Teams mobile app
A link to the app can be found in the browser version of Teams at the bottom in the left-hand navigation column or search in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
To join a meeting using the browser, please use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome and log in to https://portal.office.com.
Online Meeting directly in Microsoft Teams
Use the following steps to create an online meeting directly in Microsoft Teams:
- On the left side of the app you will find the Calendar icon. Click on it and then click New Meeting.
- Select the desired appointment in the displayed calendar. The planning form will then open.
- Here you can enter the title of the video conference and invite the participants. Use the Scheduling Assistant tool to see if the required participants are available for the appointment.
- Once you have entered all the information, click the Save button. The scheduling form closes and participants automatically receive invitations in Microsoft Outlook.
- Due to the link between Microsoft Teams and your Outlook calendar, the meeting will appear in both tools.
Online Meeting for the members of a team or a channel
With Microsoft Team Channels, you create meetings that are visible to all Microsoft Team members. Anyone can participate. To create such meeting, follow these steps:
- On the left side of the app you will find the Calendar icon. (If you don't see the Calender app, log out of Teams and log on again in Teams). Click on it and then click New Meeting.
- Select a channel in the Add Channel field.
- If you want to set up a repeating meeting, you cannot change the default value on the button Repeat as needed.
- When you have entered all the information, click the Save button.
- After you schedule the meeting, everyone on the team can see it and join the meeting.
- Please note: Once the meeting invitation has been sent, you cannot change the channels or add more channels. Create a new invitation if necessary.
Onlne Meeting on mobile devices
You can also use your mobile phone to plan video conferences in Microsoft teams. Open the app and perform the following steps:
- At the bottom of the app you will find the Calendar selection field. Select it and then click Schedule Meeting in the upper right corner.
- Use the Add participants button to select the meeting participants.
- If your online meeting takes place in a channel, select it.
- Specify the title of the online meeting and invite the participants.
- Save the appointment by selecting the Done button. The participants automatically receive invitations in Microsoft Outlook.
Chat and Audio/Video-calls with single uers (1-to-1)
You can make a one-to-one call directly from a chat or from a search result without having to call a team meeting. These calls are private and will not appear in any team conversation. However, entries for the calls are visible in the chat.
Go to your chat list and click a name to start a new conversation or continue an existing one.
Then click the Video Call button or Audio Call button to start a call.
Adding an user during an ongoing call
If you want to add a new person in an ongoing call, select Show participants in your call control, select the "Add team" icon, and then enter the person's name in the search field.
Multi-user audio/video conferences (one-to-many)
To start a chat or an audio/video call with a large number of users (up to 300 participants), use a team channel within a team.
Navigate to the appropriate channel and click the camera icon in the activity bar of the chat window.
You start a meeting/conference in a Team Channel:
The meeting is published in the Team Channel. Any team member can join the meeting.
Teams Two Pager
A short introduction to Microsoft Teams can be found on our Two Pager.
Managing notifications in Teams
For more details on how to manage notifications, you may visit the link below:
Manage notifications in Teams (microsoft.com)